Preparing a home for electric vehicle charging and metering requires the collaboration of several parties to help customers make appropriate decisions. This list of electrician tasks from Southern California Edison is one example of the role of an electrician plays in EV charger installation.
- Assess the customer’s home wiring and panel needs, with the customer’s rate plan preference in mind
- Provide a price quote to complete work for all applicable rate/panel options
- Obtains all necessary governmental permits
- Complete installation of necessary home wiring, upgraded or new panel, and/or electric vehicle charging equipment
- Arrange for governmental inspection and sign off.